The final round of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament starts two hours earlier, at 12.00 (CET).
Anish Giri still has fate in his own hands; if he wins his game, he wins the 83rd edition of the tournament. If Giri doesn’t win, there are all kind of scenarios where two or more players will finish in a tie for first place.
Tiebreak criteria for a play-off in case more than two players share first place:
- the mutual result;
- the Sonneborn-Berger score;
- the player with more number of games with black;
- drawing of lots.
Drawing of lots will be done by the Chief Arbiter.
- A tiebreak will start at 18:00 hours sharp.
- There will be 5-minute breaks between the two blitz games.
- In case of an Armageddon game, there will first be a drawing of lots by the arbiter, after which there will be a five-minute break.
- In case one of the tiebreak Grandmasters’ final games has not finished by 17:30 hours, there will be a half-hour break between the last move in the last of these games and the start of the tiebreak.