GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS + REGULATIONS
In these General Terms and Conditions, the terms indicated with a capital letter have the following meaning:
- “General Terms and Conditions”: these general terms and conditions for ticket sales by the organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament.
- “Ticket”: an admission ticket for a tournament.
- “Agreement”: the agreement between you and the organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament for the purchase of one or more tickets.
- “Event”: the event for which you have purchased a Ticket, indicated with date and time.
- “Access Refusal Order”: the order that is described in these General Terms and Conditions.
- “You or Your”: the person who enters or has entered into an Agreement with the organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament via the website.
- “Website”: the ticket shop of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament.
- “Visitor”: the person who uses a Ticket and visits the Event.
- The organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament can not be held liable in the event of a cancellation, strike, non-play, or not finishing of games. The entrance fee costs will not be reimbursed.
- The organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament reserves the right to change the start times of components in the program.
- Damages suffered at the event site cannot be recovered from the organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament
- The organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament cannot take responsibility for minors.
- Persons who cannot be held responsible for their own actions must be accompanied by a supervisor who is responsible for these persons.
- Visitors who disturb the event in any way, or cause damage or personal injury, are personally liable for this.
- The organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament reserves the right to, in advance and without giving reasons, deny individuals or organisations access to the event site(s).
- Visitors are obliged to follow all instructions on (warning) signs and instructions from the organisation and its employees.
- The Agreement is established when You have completed the purchase process for a Ticket on the Website and You have received a confirmation email including the corresponding Ticket from the organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament.
- In the ordering process, You provide the personal data that the organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament needs in order to deliver You a ticket. The organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament is not responsible for the consequences of providing incorrect or incomplete data in Your ordering process.
- Every Agreement is electronically archived by the organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament. You can request a copy from the organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament.
PRICE AND COSTS
- For each Ticket, You must pay the purchase price to the organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament.
- The costs depend on the tournament.
- Each Ticket is proof of one right of access to the indicated Event for one adult or child. The Ticket is issued to You by the organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament by sending You an confirmation email.
- The organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament does not guarantee that all matches will be played as part of the Event on the date and time indicated on the Ticket. If for any reason, the Event does not take place, the organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament is not obliged to refund the purchase price of the Ticket to You.
- Tickets may not be used for business purposes. If You are a company and wish to purchase Tickets for the event to invite guests or for other business purposes, You must contact the organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament separately.
- The organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament can deny You access to the event site or have You removed if, in the the reasonable opinion of the organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament, You act contrary to one or more provisions of these General Terms and Conditions + Regulations. If the organisation makes use of this right, You will lose Your right to access one of the event sites and You will not be entitled to a refund of the purchase price.
- You are required to show Your Ticket at the first request of the police or authorised employees of the relevant event site and to immediately follow any instructions given.
- You do not have access to areas that are not intended for access for the general public.
- You may not impede the flow of people at the various event sites. This means that Your use of entrances, stairs, aisles, and platforms is limited to that which is strictly necessary for entering or leaving the sites.
- When entering the relevant event site, You may not be under the influence of alcoholic beverages and/or narcotics. If there is reasonable suspicion by the authorised employees, You may be denied access to the Event.
- At the event sites, it is not permitted to offer for sale, or possess with the intent to offer for sale, merchandise such as beverages, food, souvenir items, t-shirts, scarves, and flags.
- The possession of bottles, glasses, cans, sticks, banners with discriminatory, provoking, or advertising content (as determined by the authorised employees), chains, bludgeons, knives, brass knuckles, fireworks, or any other objects that can be used as weapons or as a means of disrupting order is not permitted at the various event sites. See the page policies and rules on our wesbite.
- You may not throw objects or liquids at the event site.
- At the event site, You must not possess or use any objects that, as determined by the authorised employees, may cause unnecessary nuisance to others or may be dangerous for persons or property. This includes objects that make excessive noise, such as a foghorn or trumpet.
- At the event site, You may not behave in a provoking or threatening manner or create any danger to the life or health of Yourself and/or others. Moreover, You may not behave in such a way that You may cause damage to the event site, such as climbing light towers, fences, roofs, signage, and other equipment or structures.
- By making use of Your Ticket, You accept that You can be searched by the police and authorised employees and that they may confiscate any objects found in Your possession that are not permitted as indicated in these General Terms and Conditions.
- Security checks take place when entering the event site.
- Upon entering the event site, the visitor agrees that one can be photographed or filmed, for both commercial and security purposes.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/DISCLAIMER
- The organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament is not liable for damages that You suffer during Your visit to the event.
- The liability of the organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament for damages that You suffer that are attributable to, or stem from non-compliance of the Agreement by the organisation, is limited to the total amount that You have paid to the organisation for the relevant Tickets.
The following payment methods are available online:
- IDEAL (ING, Rabobank, SNS-bank, Friesland bank, ASN-bank, Triodos bank, van Lanschot bankiers, and ABN-AMRO bank). For more information about this payment method, see www.ideal.nl or the website of Your own bank.
- You must enter personal information during the ordering process.
- If there is a suspicion that incorrect information has been provided, the organisation can block Your purchase or reservation.
- The organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament is not liable for damages as a result of providing incorrect information.
- During the Tata Steel Chess Tournament, in-house photographers will be taking pictures. Visitors can be captured on these photos. By accepting the General Terms and Conditions, You agree to the use of photos in which You are recognisable.
- The photo rights are fully purchased from the in-house photographers. This makes the organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament the owner of the photos. The management of the photos is the responsibility of TIG Sports.
- The organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament can post photos on the website and on the social media channels for promotional purposes.
- The organisation of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament shares photos with partners and sponsors of the Invictus Games The Hague 2020.
- If You want to have a photo (in which You are recognisable) removed from our website or social media channels, please contact the organisation: TIG Sports, Valschermkade 30, 1059 CD Amsterdam + 31 (0) 20 570 90 60.
- Taking photos with professional camera equipment is not permitted unless you have received explicit and written permission from the organisation.
- When taking photos at the Tata Steel Chess Tournament, take into account the situation of the person(s) involved.