The Grandmasters will play against each other in 13 rounds in a round-robin tournament in De Moriaan in Wijk aan Zee. There will be an extensive online program for everyone to enjoy chess.
Rate of play Grandmasters
100 Minutes for 40 moves, followed by 50 minutes for 20 moves, then 15 minutes for the remaining moves with 30 seconds cumulative increment for each move starting from the first move.
Tiebreak Rules – Grandmasters
Tiebreak criteria for a play-off in case more than two players share first place:
- the mutual result;
- the Sonneborn-Berger score;
- the player with more number of games with black;
- drawing of lots.
Drawing of lots will be done by the Chief Arbiter.
- A tiebreak will start at 18:00 hours sharp.
- There will be 5-minute breaks between the two blitz games.
- In case of an Armageddon game, there will first be a drawing of lots by the arbiter, after which there will be a five-minute break.
- In case one of the tiebreak Grandmasters’ final games has not finished by 17:30 hours, there will be a half-hour break between the last move in the last of these games and the start of the tiebreak.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE LAST ROUND STARTS AT 12:00 HOURS.